Bradley Blockhouse and Flett House Marker
Dedicated by LTG William Harrison, April 15, 2003.
The plaque includes an historic photo of Bradley Blockhouse and reads as follows:
ON THIS SITE STOOD BRADLEY BLOCKHOUSE AND FLETT HOUSE
The Bradley Blockhouse stood on this site in the 1840's. It began as a log barn, but during the Indian Wars of 1855 and 1856, it was used as a blockhouse for the protection of the settlers in the area. In 1889, the Flett Family House was built over the site of the old barn. In the 1950's, the house was moved about 300 feet north to another lot to make room for a gas station.
Marker donated by The Lakewood Rotary and LHS, 2002
Read more News Stories